My job and all of its issues were once again nagging on my mind all day long. Well at least thinking about my job and all of its issues started my depression. Just driving to the joint made me upset and made me feel terminally dismal. I felt like a stranger in a strange land when I walked in this morning. I also remembered that I had to call my union agent today. I received my axe notice on 08/05/09, but did not get a notice from the union until 08/08/09 (a Saturday) saying not to complete the APPLICATION and to call them before hand. HELLO??? I completed that crap ASAP cause I am not going to take any chances. So I call the union girl today and she said that there were issues with the online version of the RIF survey. The problem was in where you wanted to be placed. Like I can't read and check off that I am unavailable for work on other islands??? So I still had to fax her a copy of my letter and luckily I print out everything, so I sent her a copy of my RIF survey. 6 hours later I get another call from her asking me if I knew that my geographic choices are limited and I may not be able to be placed into another job because I chose Waianae through Aiea. WTF??? Why should I be displaced that far away from where I already am?? This crap so messed up it ain't funny.
I hear about all these people having rights. Gays have rights. Animals have rights. Foreigners have rights. For crying out loud, prisoners have rights! Where the hell do I fit in? Where are my rights? For the last year or so, I have been made to feel like I have none. I can't say what I want to say, but others can. I can be assaulted, but that's ok. Ack! Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
So as I was driving about Kapolei for work purposes today, I tell my friend Iwalani that I think the reason that I haven't quit before was that my power and control issues are rearing their ugly little heads! If I were to get another job, what would my leverage be? I don't know what I am doing, I'd be the new guy. Come on, I am the senior worker. I know or should know what everyone else doesn't. Read between the lines people, for what it's worth, this job does come with a teensy bit of power. At least I can admit that I have these issues. I don't like to start new things because I have no control. I don't like to get drunk because I am out of control. I don't like to let other people drive because I am not in control. Get the picture?
Speaking of control, I wanted to share my thoughts on Jon & Kate Gosselin. I used to be a faithful watcher when the show first aired. I watched the documentary that started it all. I watched I would say the first three seasons faithfully. Then I started researching Kate. There were a ton of bad things written about her. About how she was just out to get rich, blah, blah, blah. So I stopped watching. But I would check in from time to time to check on how my favorite Hannah was doing. I heart Hannah cause she's the chubby one and I think she is the cutest of the girls. Then I start seeing all the pics of Jon with chicks! I knew it! I was on to them for a long time! I spent a small fortune on gossip mags about them.
I hate Jon now. He always looks high. What's up with the two CZs in his ears? We all know that he has plugs. What young girl wants a Korean dude with a beer belly and hair plugs??? Oh and I forgot he also has EIGHT kids! AND he wears ugly Ed hardy shirts. ICK! Kate is looking like the good one here. Despite her spankings, yellings and habitual tanning at least she doesn't seem like she is going through a crisis. On her Today show interview today, she actually showed emotion unlike Jon. UGH! My poor Hannah...
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment