Another week is started at this miserable, uncertain job of mine. I so luckily get to start this week off at Family Court (again) for a TRO hearing (again). I leave the comfort of my home at 6 flippin 24 in the A.M. I needed to get gas at the Chevron because I only use Chevron in Amanda...yeah I am a gas snob! Then I of course need to get my daily fix at Starbucks. I thought it would be a good day. Didn't have to wait for an empty pump at the gas station and no one was in front of me in Starbucks. I never have to order at my local Starbucks (that's how often I frequent the place). Tall dark guy even got it right this time. I may dare to say he even made my venti 7 pump iced vanilla latte to perfection for the first time in like over a year! I go off on my merry way to Family Court.
TRAFFIC! SKIPPING CD! BOO! I burned an mp3 disc on Friday for my drives to town on Saturday and today. When I get to songs 100-136 they all skip! of course those are all the new songs that I actually wanted to listen to. BTW, my new favorite song is "California Waiting" by Kings of Leon. "Sex on Fire" is out now that I found out it is about STDs. Anyway, traffic sucked. When I got to the court house, I at least got my favorite stall on the second floor!
As I was walking to the stairwell with my customary sour face, this Caucasian woman stops in her vehicle next to me and says, "Excuse me, miss, are you a juror?" I reply, "No, sorry". She then says "Well, where do jurors park?" WTF??? Do I look like the parking lot attendant? Do I look like I want to help you? I just tell her that all of the open parking is for the general public. Then she said something like there were no stalls marked for jurors. Does she really think that jury duty is that important? The word "duty" is in the phrase so just Nike that bitch and leave me alone! Also, did I mention that I had to pee in the worse way? C'mon I just downed my venti latte on the 1 hour and 25 minute drive I just completed.
I walk down the stairs and get to the security check point. There are two females in front of me. The first one (I shall call her Turquoise Girl or T.G. for short) seems to not have seen a security check point...EVER. So the old Filipino man security guard is trying to tell her that he has to use the wand because she keeps setting off the metal detector thingy. Perhaps she didn't understand his thick Pinoy accent...we live in Hawai'i but whatever. Finally, I get through and hand tata my bag to put through the machine. T.G. is standing at the end of the conveyor belt. Just standing. Why? I don't know. I try to grab my bag as quickly as possible because I spy her reading a piece of paper. JUROR!!! UGH! I hate Mondays. I try to walk away as quickly as possible. Too late. She asks me from behind, "Are you familiar with this building?" I am so close to getting to the bathroom....I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go RIGHT NOW! "No. I don't know anything about this place" I yell behind me as I quickly walk to the restroom.
Now, there is always something interesting going on in the restroom. I always use the first floor bathroom as I am less likely to run into clients. I have though seen homeless ladies naked and cleaning themselves in the sink. I have opened the door on a stall with someone in it (she didn't lock it and I was the embarrassed one?). So of course, my luck ran out as soon as I stepped foot into 777 Punchbowl Street. My favorite bathroom stall (don't snicker) is taken. There is someone making number 2 AND two women are speaking in Japanese over the stalls. I am in line too! OMG! I hope I can hold it. I always look at the feet that are occupying the stall as well. The first stall is occupied by a set of slippered brown feet with awfully long toes. Please come out before I am up next...Yes! brown feet comes out...complete with skirt and t-shirt, comb in her h air and obligatory gold front tooth. I get the stall occupied by one of the Japanese speakers.
Second floor bound. I check in and parents are already there. I must socialize first and then psyche myself up for interviewing new clients. For confidentiality purposes, I cannot discuss further although my tongue (or rather fingers) are just itching to do so. 4 1/2 HOURS of waiting around stupid court. I am hungry. I have to pay for parking too. Poo!
Arby's for lunch. I actually got something different too. Then I get a call from my bestie Iwa. "People are getting their letters!" The letters are the ones that are telling people on the lay-off list where they will be working. The positions that they are getting are most likely vacant ones. Did I get one? Is mine waiting for me when I get back to slave quarters? The answer: No.
Instead what's waiting for me? Messages from psychos. Not one or two. Like SEVEN! The calls started before normal work hours. Then the calls got progressively more harsh and out of control. Then the person tried to intimidate me by saying that individual talked to my boss. Ooohhhh....I am shaking in my pants. C-A-R-A-Z-A-Y! This person went so far as to question my whereabouts. Seems like no one in a position higher than myself cares that I don't have this letter with my new placement. From what I understand, one needed to accept the position by the close of business tomorrow. What if I didn't get it until 4 p.m. tomorrow? Then what? No one was answering me. So I call PO. She says, "Uh...you're not the only one asking. Uh...they can't tell you that your deadline is the same...Oh....I forgot to ask when to expect your letter that is not ready yet". Grrrrreat! That's all I have to say.
I want to yell at people and say FUCK YOU! You think I enjoy the uncertainty of not knowing where I am going if I am going anywhere at all? FUCK YOU! Why the fuck should I give a shit about what you want? You think I enjoy listening to your bull shit and minimization all day and I have to worry about keeping this stupid ass job and you are going to question me??? On top of this, I have to work with incompetent assholes who are so fucking clueless that all I can do is shake my head. Seriously, didn't your parents teach you not to interrupt someone when they were speaking to someone else; especially when that someone is speaking to a client? I wanted to stay a little later today and finish up some loose ends, but I needed to get out of there before I had an aneurysm. I could feel my brain expanding.
Tomorrow is another day. A sad day since it will be the first day that my friend Daisy will not be available to me for my legal representation. Let's see what happens...
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment