I want to start a blog off on a positive note. If you see me regularly in person, you will have by now heard me rave about my Starbucks girls Cheryl and Ava. They are wonderful! It is so nice to start my day out on a positive note. Just by their acknowledgment, it makes my day at least start nicely. When they are not there, the day is just odd. Ok, enough niceness...no one is reading my blog to read about warm fuzzies.
This has started a while ago, since I started regularly going to my neighborhood Starbucks. There is like this old dude that is there every single day. He sits in the corner and probably gets his cup filled all morning long. There's one of these in every coffee shop; I know I worked in a coffee shop years ago and they existed then too. I don't know what kind of relationship my Starbucks girls have with this guy, but he irritates me (sorry). Just looking at him irritates me. Then when I see him coming up to young girls in line and trying to do I don't know what, it irritates me even more. No, I am not jealous of the leather faced man talking to other females. He looks like he probably has stinky coffee breath and would not want him that close to me. The look of this guy irritates me sooo much that I haven't even come up with a name for him. This writing was a long time coming. He just annoyed me this morning that I finally decided to do something about it.
Ok. Better now...
I have also received my dictated new work position. It's crazy how all of this is working. The gossip is incredible; insatiable actually. What bothers me the most is that others who I trusted are telling the entire world where I have been placed. The reason it bothers me is because my bestie Natasha heard through the grapevine where I was going. In less than 2 hours after having gotten my letter the news of my placement went from Waianae to Waiakamilo. When I went to court this morning, I was greeting with, "How did you and Iwa manage to stay together?" FRICK! It's not like we have control over this. It's not like we want to pack up and move to a new place that is now involving commute time for her and a big childcare inconvenience to me. Yes, we are happy to have jobs. Yes, we are looking forward to change- but really, it's no one's business but our own. Then, to have people trying to guess who it is that I am bumping makes me sad. How do you think that person feels to know that someone else will be doing their job, sitting at their desk, dealing with their cases. I know the thought of someone else sitting at my desk bugs the shit out of me. The cases? I could care less. Good riddance!
So now we wait. We wait to see if we are getting bumped from these dictated positions. We wait to see if this will really happen. We wait to see if we need to start collecting boxes to pack our precious memories. Some of my dearest friendships were born at LCW2. Had I not been where I am, there would be no Bestie Iwa. There would be no Shanna, Natasha and Kika and me. I would have never found friendships with Gwennie, Raquel, Rhona and Robyn- oh and my favorite God person, Taeao. I will have to make an effort to help the new found friendship with Melissa to grow wherever she may wander. I'll need to put all of that in a box and take it somewhere new where I'll have to try to make new memories.
I thought today after I told Cheryl to look out for a new blog, I feel an awful lot like Doogie Howser. You know at the end of the show where he is lost in thought typing on his word processor a la the late 80s? Yeah, that's what writing a blog is like to me. Going over all the events of the day or in a week or a month or even a lifetime.
***This ended up too serious- it was not my intention dear reader to make you shed any tears if in fact you did. I know I did when I wrote the paragraph about my friends.***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, you are very welcome girl!! It is our pleasure to see your smiling face every morning...& PS, creepy guy got fired from his job for sexual harrassment. Now he harrasses all the customers @ Starbucks!! YUCK!!!! I will see you Monday & will have your Iced Vento 7 pump Vanilla Latte waiting!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cheryl. Figures about Creepy Guy (from now on, C.G.). I am going to go stalk you on FB now. See you tomorrow!
ReplyDelete